Who We Are
SPORTS BOOSTERS is a non-profit organization of parents, coaches, students, faculty, alumni, and community members committed to promoting excellence in Sussex Academy School interscholastic athletics by voluntarily helping to enrich the educational experience and foster success in the classroom for all students by building “Seahawk Pride” through our various sports teams.
SPORTS BOOSTERS is operated exclusively for educational and charitable purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, or the corresponding section of any future Federal tax code.
What We Do
The primary purposes of SPORTS BOOSTERS are to:
- Develop and implement fundraising opportunities;
- Provide an equitable system of disbursing raised funds, based on individual needs of each athletic program, as a secondary source to the Sussex Academy School District and Sussex Academy athletic funding;
- Promote attendance and spirit at athletic events and provide scholarship assistance for athletes in need;
- Provide appropriate parent-oriented assistance to Athletic Department staff;
- Promote awareness of the important relationship between success in athletics and academics;
- Advocate for Sussex Academy Athletics in the community;
- Provide a forum for discussions about athletic programs and related issues.
All parents of students participating in athletic programs at Sussex Academy shall be considered eligible Members of SPORTS BOOSTERS.
Associate Members in SPORTS BOOSTERS shall be open to adults subscribing to the objectives of SPORTS BOOSTERS.
Board of Directors
President: Denise Wells
Vice-President: Nicole Lehman
Secretary: Jen Jarrell
Treasurer: Dawn Taylor
Team Liaison Coordinator: Caron Norton
Head of School: Eric Anderson
Athletic Director: Matt Keen
SA School Board Rep: Jen Donahue
Committee Opportunities Seeking Parent Support Year-Round!
Concessions Committee – Support oversight of the Nest and inside concessions activity
Senior Banner Committee – Inspire senior athlete recognition through photography and banners
Fundraising Committee – Build Seahawk Pride through oversight and implementation of fundraising events
Special Events Committee – Foster and promote Seahawk Spirit through special event coordination
Promotional/ Marketing Committee – Advocate for Seahawk athletics in the community
Nominating Committee – Motivate parent participation through BOOSTERS succession planning
Finance Committee – Provides guidance and sound support to Treasurer in administering fiscal responsibilities
General Membership Meeting Schedule 2022-2023
September 14, 4:30pm – 5:30pm (in-person SA Lobby)
October 12, 7:30pm – 8:30pm (https://wilmu.zoom.us/j/92057426250?pwd=UVJsSlhhWFh3NFNtczVqbFlmREJwZz09)
November 9, 7:30pm – 8:30pm (zoom link above)
December 14, 4:30pm – 5:30pm (in-person SA Lobby)
January 11, 7:30pm – 8:30pm (zoom link above)
February 8, 7:30pm – 8:30pm (zoom link above)
March 8, 4:30pm – 5:30pm (in-person SA Lobby)
April 5, 7:30pm – 8:30pm (zoom link above)
May 10, 7:30pm – 8:30pm (zoom link above)
June 7, 4:30pm – 5:30pm (in-person SA Lobby)
Sports Boosters Bi Laws
Sports Boosters Meeting Minutes