Sussex Academy to offer Delaware COVID-19 School Testing Program
Sussex Academy will be partnering with the Department of Public Health and Quidel to conduct free weekly COVID-19 rapid testing for students. Testing will be completely voluntary. Any students who would like to participate should register in advance and will be required to have a parental consent form on file with Quidel. Please refer to the attachment for registration information or click here to register.
Here is a little more about the testing program and process:
- Testing is voluntary but highly recommended. It is free of cost to you so no insurance information is needed, or will you ever be asked to pay for these tests.
- Testing will primarily be done through self-swabbing and monitored by medical staff on site – school staff will not be doing the testing.
- The test being used for this program is the Quidel QuickVue. For more information on the test, please read the fact sheet here: Quidel QuickVue Fact Sheet.
- Results and communication will be shared electronically to the email and contact information used for registration. Results are primarily shared every 15-30 minutes.
- If your child tests positive, the school will contact you directly.
Testing will be conducted at both the Elementary and Secondary campuses on Tuesday mornings. Testing will be available at the Secondary campus beginning on October 19 and will begin at the Elementary Campus beginning October 26.
Questions about the implementation at Sussex Academy can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org