The purpose of the Sussex Academy PTO is to raise and maintain funds for the technologyand for all middle and high school staff requests to benefit the students and faculty of Sussex Academy. This is done through cooperation, communication, and involvement of parents, staff, administration and executive board. This purpose is achieved through meetings, committees, social & educational programs and fundraising efforts throughout the school year.
The Executive Committee is comprised of 4 officers that oversee the fundraising events, online school store, discount card fundraising, the rewards programs through Super Giant, Harris Teeter and Box Tops, Uniform Swap and student socials.
The PTO carries out the mission of the school through three basic goals:
Goal 1: Promote closer connections between school and home by fostering parent involvement in both academic and sporting programs.
Goal 2: Enhance the educational experience for students by supporting and supplementing the needs of teachers.
Goal 3: Promote and increase fundraising efforts for the good of the school, students, and faculty.
Sussex Academy PTO holds several fundraisers throughout the year. These fundraisers include, but are not limited to: Uniform Swap, Box Tops, Spirit Wear sales, student dances/socials, and community events.
The PTO is a completely volunteer-driven organization and welcomes parent involvement.
- Buy SCHOOL SPIRIT WEAR! Why? Your children in middle and high school can wear these items EVERY FRIDAY with their uniform bottoms. This includes items they purchase from the school store and items bought through Logomotive via our online store. Please note that the online school store is only open for 3 weeks at a time due to an agreement with our apparel provider, Logomotive. The current online store will be open from February 1st-February 22nd. Also, ask your child to check out the school store for more spirit items, located in the cafetorium, on Tues/Thurs from 2:20-2:50pm, or during their lunch periods on Fridays from 10:45am-1:00pm to see what additional items we have available. Here are a few ways to order: 1) Online Spirit Wear Link OR 2)Print and send this form in, or scan and send to Betsy at email@example.com Sussex Academy Order Form Front 2018 and Sussex Academy Order Form Back 2018
- Register your Grocery Store Cards by following these directions:
Giant (A+ School Rewards)
- Log on to giantfood.com/aplus
- Select Customer Registration
- Complete the registration using your Giant card
- Enter our School ID: 03867
- Or call the card hotline at 1-‐877-‐366-‐2668
If you have previously registered your Giant card and linked it to Sussex Academy, you do not need to do it again.
Harris Teeter (Together in Education)
- Log on to http://www.harristeeter.com/community/together_in_education/tie.aspx
- Click on “Link to your School” on the left
- Follow instructions to link or re-‐link card
- School ID: 7297
If we increase our links by 25% by October 9th, we will earn $100.
- The PTO is also looking for volunteers to separate, count, and bag Box Tops for our Collection Drive. We will provide all the materials (detailed instructions, sandwich bags, marker and envelope to turn back into school) All Box Tops will be need to be back to front office by 10/23/18. Sign up here:
Thank you again for your support to the PTO!
Important Dates for 2018-2019 School Year
7-16-Box Tops Contest
11-Paint Night! We still have a handful of spots left. Register now!
23-Parents Meeting, 5:30pm
1-Uniform Swap set up and Sneak Peek 4:30-5:30pm
2-Uniform Swap, 9:00am-1:30pm
22-Shell We Bounce Fundraiser
1-Discount Card Sales Begins
1- Box Tops Contest begins
15-Box Tops Contest ends
***We are excited to announce that our PTO has set up an amazing fundraiser for our school which will earn the school 20% of its proceeds!
Shell We Bounce has graciously reserved March 15 (new reschedued date) anytime between 2-11pm for our students. This is an In-service/No School Day and will be a great treat for your kids! ***
6-10-Staff Appreciation Week
School Social- TBD
Betsy Kirschner: parent to 8th and 9th grade students
Lori Schell: parent to 10th & 11th grade students
Carly Miller: parent to 7th and 9th grade students
Heike Kuska: parent to 10th grade student