SA PTO and Updated 2019/2020 Uniform Information
The purpose of the Sussex Academy PTO is to raise and maintain funds for school technology and for all middle and high school staff requests to benefit the students and faculty of Sussex Academy. This is done through cooperation, communication, and involvement of parents, staff, administration and executive board. Our purpose is achieved through meetings, committees, social & educational programs, and fundraising efforts throughout the school year.
The Executive Committee is comprised of 4 officers that oversee the fundraising events, the SA school store (and online), the rewards programs through Amazon, local grocery stores, Box Tops, and holds two school Uniform Swaps per year, as well as student socials.
The PTO carries out the mission of the school through three basic goals:
Goal 1: Promote closer connections between school and home by fostering parent involvement in both academic and sporting programs.
Goal 2: Enhance the educational experience for students by supporting and supplementing the needs of teachers.
Goal 3: Promote and increase fundraising efforts for the good of the school, students, and faculty.
Sussex Academy PTO holds several fundraisers throughout the year. These fundraisers include, but are not limited to: Uniform Swap, Box Tops, Spirit Wear sales, student dances/socials, and community events.
The PTO is a completely volunteer-driven organization and welcomes parent involvement. Ideas are always welcome!
- Buy SCHOOL SPIRIT WEAR! Why? Your children in Middle and High School can wear these items over their uniform tops, Monday-Friday, with their uniform bottoms. This includes items they purchase from the school store and items bought through Logomotive via our online store. Please note that the online school store is only open for 3 weeks at a time due to an agreement with our apparel provider, Logomotive. The online store will be open during the first few weeks of October and again in the Spring, but we hope to have items to purchase during the Uniform Swap in August. Also, ask your child to check out the school store for more spirit items, located in the cafetorium, to see what additional items we have available. Here are a few ways to order: 1) Online Spirit Wear Link OR 2)Print and send this form in, or scan and send to us at SA.PTO@SAAS.k12.de.us Sussex Academy Order Form Front 2019 and Sussex Academy Order Form Back 2019
- Uniform bottoms (pants, shorts, skirts, and/or skorts) must be khaki in color and material. The color should be similart to the Flynn O’hara uniform color. Hemlines of shorts, skirts, and skorts must hit fingertip (put arms down at side, fingertips should not go beyond clothing material) length or longer.
- There will be a “Dress Down Day” the last Friday of every month! Also, school Clubs may ask for donations one Friday per month (For example, $1 to dress down) for a “Dress Down Day” as well.
- Register your Grocery Store Cards by following these directions:
If you have previously registered your Giant card and linked it to Sussex Academy, you do not need to do it again.
Harris Teeter (Together in Education)
- Log on to http://www.harristeeter.com/community/together_in_education/tie.aspx
- Click on “Link to your School” on the left
- Follow instructions to link or re-‐link card
- School ID: 7297
If we increase our links by 25% by October 9th, we will earn $100.
- The PTO is also looking for volunteers to separate, count, and bag Box Tops for our Collection Drive. We will provide all the materials (detailed instructions, sandwich bags, marker and envelope to turn back into school) All Box Tops will be need to be back to front office by 10/23/18. Sign up here:
Thank you again for your support to the PTO!
Important Dates for 2019-2020 School Year (still being updated)
7-Uniform Swap Set Up (need volunteers) 12-3pm
8-Uniform Swap 1-6pm (need volunteers)
18-Parent Meeting 5:30pm
1-17th-Box Tops Contest
10-Custom Creative Arts Night (No school on 10/11)
13-School Store Holiday Shop
22-Parent Meeting 5:30pm
1- Box Tops Contest begins
-School store opens
15-Box Tops Contest ends
2-Custom Creative Arts Night
4-8-Staff Appreciation Week
School Social- TBD
Betsy Kirschner: parent to 9th and 10th grade students
Lori Schell: parent to 11th and 12th grade students
Carly Miller: parent to 6th, 8th, and 10th grade students
Heike Kuska: parent to 6th and 10th grade student