The Homecoming Dance will be held on Saturday, October 23 from 7-10 PM in the school’s cafeteria. In order to comply with state-mandated COVID regulations the following guidelines must be observed by all participants:
- Temperature and completed wellness-check forms at the door
- Masks covering the nose and mouth at all times
- Participants will be asked to maintain Social distancing – at least 3 feet – during the event. Parents, please know that while chaperones will do their best to keep students socially distanced, given the nature of dancing and number of students to adults’ ratio, it is important you understand that enforcement cannot be 100% and the decision to allow your student to attend knowing this is up to you.
- Advance ticket sales only. Tickets will be sold for $10 at lunch and start Oct. 11 and end Oct. 22.
- To contain a potential COVID exposure and facilitate any contact tracing related to a potential exposure, only Sussex Academy students in grades 9-12 will be allowed to attend. All options were explored in an effort to expand options for students outside of the SA community. We know this is disappointing to many however, for this indoor event, we have to limit everyone’s exposure to the extent possible.
- School administrators are looking into offering in-school COVID testing prior to the HOCO dance as part of additional mitigation strategies. Details will be sent if this option becomes available.