Sussex Academy will be partnering with the Department of Public Health and Quidel to conduct free weekly COVID-19 rapid testing for students. Testing will be completely voluntary. Any students who would like to participate should register in advance and will be required to have a parental consent form on file with Quidel. Please refer to the attachment for registration information or click here to register.
Here is a little more about the testing program and process:
- Testing is voluntary but highly recommended. It is free of cost to you so no insurance information is needed, or will you ever be asked to pay for these tests.
- Testing will primarily be done through self-swabbing and monitored by medical staff on site – school staff will not be doing the testing.
- The test being used for this program is the Quidel QuickVue. For more information on the test, please read the fact sheet here: Quidel QuickVue Fact Sheet.
- Results and communication will be shared electronically to the email and contact information used for registration. Results are primarily shared every 15-30 minutes.
- If your child tests positive, the school will contact you directly.
Testing will be conducted at both the Elementary and Secondary campuses on Tuesday mornings. Testing will be available at the Secondary campus beginning on October 19 and will begin at the Elementary Campus beginning October 26.
Questions about the implementation at Sussex Academy can be sent to email@example.com
The Homecoming Dance will be held on Saturday, October 23 from 7-10 PM in the school’s cafeteria. In order to comply with state-mandated COVID regulations the following guidelines must be observed by all participants:
- Temperature and completed wellness-check forms at the door
- Masks covering the nose and mouth at all times
- Participants will be asked to maintain Social distancing – at least 3 feet – during the event. Parents, please know that while chaperones will do their best to keep students socially distanced, given the nature of dancing and number of students to adults’ ratio, it is important you understand that enforcement cannot be 100% and the decision to allow your student to attend knowing this is up to you.
- Advance ticket sales only. Tickets will be sold for $10 at lunch and start Oct. 11 and end Oct. 22.
- To contain a potential COVID exposure and facilitate any contact tracing related to a potential exposure, only Sussex Academy students in grades 9-12 will be allowed to attend. All options were explored in an effort to expand options for students outside of the SA community. We know this is disappointing to many however, for this indoor event, we have to limit everyone’s exposure to the extent possible.
- School administrators are looking into offering in-school COVID testing prior to the HOCO dance as part of additional mitigation strategies. Details will be sent if this option becomes available.
The September meeting of the Sussex Academy Board of Directors has been rescheduled from Wednesday, September 15, 2021, to Wednesday, September 22, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. There will not be an in-person meeting; this meeting will be conducted virtually via Zoom – September 22 Board Meeting link.
Any individual wishing to make a public comment at a Board meeting must submit a request prior to the meeting using the request form available on the school’s website. Form submission will be available for the September meeting beginning at 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 15.
Thank you for your continued support of Sussex Academy.