We are OPEN! Current members will be able to register for classes or lap swim by emailing SAAC your preferences.
Not a Member yet? Contact SAAC Member Service to set up an appointment.
SAAC is operating in accordance with the Delaware Division of Public Health (“DPH”) guidance regarding COVID-19 pool operations found here.
Safety is a priority for staff and members
Monday-Friday 6:00-8am 8:30-11:30am 12:00-3:30pm
Friday 6:00-8am 8:30-11:30am 12:00-2:00pm
Saturdays 6:00-8am 8:30am-12:00pm
Program Offerings- Reserve your time in the pool. Contact Member Service: email@example.com
Lap Swimming- Reserve up to an hour, 3x per week. Two swimmers are permitted per lane with entry, exit, and rests on opposite ends of the pool.
Self-Guided Water Exercise- Reserve up to an hour, 3x per week.
Aqua Fitness Classes- Register for all your classes via email. Participants are required to space 6 ft. apart.
Private Swim Lessons/Personal Training- Contact Lydia A. Schmierer to schedule.
There are NO family/open/drop-in swims available during Phase #2.
SAAC SAFETY GUIDELINES
Capacity: During Phase #2 We are required to operate at 60% capacity or less but don’t worry! We have created a reservation system through member service. Registering in advance will guarantee a safe and relaxed visit.
Open to Members Only: Currently, only members and those with existing punch cards (secured before the shutdown) will be able to utilize the building. No public access at this time. When SAAC reopens, all memberships that were put on hold will automatically be reactivated and all existing punch cards will be honored (expiration date September 30, 2020).
Not a Member? Contact Member Service to schedule a tour.
Designed for Social Distance: All areas inside SAAC have been redesigned, where possible, to assist with social distancing between members and staff.
Stay Home if You’re Sick: Members should stay home if they don’t feel well. The CDC and state public health officials encourage seniors and members of vulnerable populations, including those with underlying health conditions, to stay at home. If you answer yes to any of the following you should stay home:
• Do you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills or sneezing?
• Have you had any contact with a person know to be infect with COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
• Have you returned from out of state travel within 14 days?
Plan Your Visit: A face mask is REQUIRED at all times in the aquatic center. The maximum of 1 hour for reserving lap lanes (3x per week) will allow all members an opportunity to use the facility. All equipment will be available for use, with the exception of goggles/snorkels. SAAC is unable to loan out towels at this time.
How to enter SAAC:
a. Members who are coming in to swim will enter the building through the entrance doors. Check in with member service or use your key fob.
- Members needing membership assistance will also enter the entrance doors and follow the stanchioned line toward the member service window. Member services will be set up in the office to improve flow and customer service.
- Current Members must sign up in advance (via email) for scheduled aqua fitness classes, lap swimming, self-guided water ex or personal training sessions. A NEW Covid-19 Waiver is online and must be signed prior to your first visit. When entering the building through the main doors, proceed to member service. Please have your membership fob ready.
- SAAC staff will confirm your registration and advise you where to place your belongings while enjoying the pool.
- Everyone will exit the pool deck through the assigned doors.
- Locker rooms are not available. Rest rooms are not to be used for changing. Only one person at a time.
Self-Scan: Members will be asked to self-scan to allow for limited contact entry. Please bring your membership fob to avoid staff having to look up members and delay the entry process.
Equipment: Bring your towel and goggles/snorkel. Also bring your own filled water bottle, as drinking fountains will not be available at this time.
PPE: SAAC members are REQUIRED to wear a mask unless in the pool or where social distancing is secure. SAAC staff will be wearing masks while on site (with exception of on duty lifeguards and instructors) or where social distancing is secure.
Cleaning Equipment: SAAC staff will advise you where to place shared equipment after your workout.
Locker rooms: Will be closed. Please come dressed for your activity. SAAC recommends bringing all items in a washable bag.
Day Passes: Currently, only members and those with existing punch cards (secured before the shutdown) will be able to utilize the building. Space is limited and we want to honor our members first.
Classes: Group Swim Lessons will not be available during Phase #2 roll out. SAAC is offering Private and Semi-Private Swim Lessons for all ages.
Crazy times…Don’t worry about the details, we will guide you through the process.
Please check the SAAC website for more information and updates.